Friday, May 14, 2010

Gluten Free Pizza--Yum!

Let me tell you about the delicious pizza crust I made today! After a disappointing shopping trip yesterday in search of Sami's Bakery gluten-free pizza crust for my son's birthday party I reluctantly found one that I had to make. I was dreading it, don't ask me why but I really was. So after reading countless labels I settled on Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free pizza crust because I could make it without egg. Although we've trialed some foods here and there with success, we're still avoiding his allergens until we're through the basic 15 of NAET. Anyways, the crust was surprisingly easy to make--I used ground flaxseed mixed with water in place of the egg. Since my kid is allergic to tomato, I always make a pesto sauce. I put basil, garlic, and olive oil in my Magic Bullet blender, and I have instant great tasting sauce. Then I top the pizza with rice cheese (yes, it's expensive and it does have some caesin in it), and pepperoni from the Whole Foods deli counter, I think it's gluten-free?? The result was a really great tasting pizza with fluffy pizza dough that tasted great (unlike some of the cardboard I've made before.) I'm so happy my son can have pizza tomorrow with his friends, may not seem like much but it is a huge deal. He's also going to get to enjoy his first sip of juice since August.

No comments:

Post a Comment