Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Feels Like I Have a New Kid!

It seriously feels like I have a new kid since the candida treatment.  My kid has been sleeping through the night and he has been genuinely happy and pleasant!  He's also put on a little weight recently, up to 31 1/2 pounds--he's gained 2 pounds in the last 2 months which is a huge deal for him.  The other major deal is that he ate corn chips and string cheese yesterday--and he STILL slept through the night!  We're anticipating doing the acid treatment this week which is very restrictive as far as diet is concerned so I've been trying out a couple of the foods he's been avoiding since his RAST test last August.  I hope this isn't a fade, but a sign of things to come!

Another bonus, at swim class tonight I heard him say while in the water "Hey, the water isn't burning my face!"  He constantly reacts to the pool water, every week his eyes are irritated and rashy during class.  I've been debating on taking him out of swim lessons, but it's a safety issue given how frequently he's around pools.  The NAET doc tested him for chlorine, and sure enough he's allergic to it.  It's going to be one of the first things we treat for after the basic 15.  But very curious how he was much better tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment