Saturday, May 8, 2010

3rd Time Is Not a Charm

Friday was interesting. We made the 30 minute drive to see the NAET doc, only to not have a treatment. After finding out that the kid didn't pass grains for the 3rd time, the doc and I had a heart-to-heart as to what I thought was going on and what he thought the next course of action should be. I told him I KNOW yeast is a huge issue, and I really want to take things slow and not rush his body through anything. I also told him that I think his liver could use some support, and I have no idea why grains are proving to be so difficult. The doc suggested we look at each component of grains and yeast to see which ones are at issue. The good news is that my boy has cleared corn, something that's been a problem for a while. But he's still having major problems with gluten, oats, wheat bran, and candida. His digestive track is also stressed: small intestine, spleen, stomach, and liver. In the end the doctor suggested we take a week off. Throughout the day my husband and I were really wishing we would have tried to clear gluten, oats, and the other couple of grains that are causing problems. It just seems like the kid is stuck.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it going...be encouraged, something is happening and that is probably going to be a good thing in the long run. I was treated for grains last Monday, found out today that I didn't pass it, we redid the treatment. This is the first one that I haven't passed. Not surprised though. Grains are supposed to be a big one for people with eczema. Also, all of my rashes have been raw and yucky since my first grain treatment. I was unusually moody this last week too. So, here's to hoping it passes next week and that your little guy feels better really soon. Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete