Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yeast is a huge issue

It's been a long couple of days. My kid's eye continue to look terrible, but they are also changing which I hope is a progression of healing. After the 2nd yeast treatment on Wednesday the eyelids were red, itchy, & scaly. By Friday they were swollen and Saturday pink eye had set in from all the goop coming out of his eyelid and the left one was about swollen shut. I spent the morning talking with his Pediatrician since the D.O. is out of town & the office was closed. In the end his doctor decided against calling in a script for drops as he thinks this is the body trying to heal itself and didn't want to hinder the healing process. He did however recommend some homeopathic remedies, so we high-tailed it to a homeopathic pharmacy (which I had no idea one even existed!) By Sunday afternoon the pink eye is gone (thanks to the Simalison pink eye drops, I love those things!) The eye lids are now scabby from all the scratching and crusted over from the goop--gross, I know, but it is what it is. We're headed to the Ped tomorrow, hopefully he can swab them and see what the heck is going on.

On an interesting related note, last Monday my kid had a hive breakout while we were at a friend's house. Benedryl cleared up the hives, but they manifested into puss filled pimples on his face and one giant one on his foot. The face ones dried up and vanished after a day or so. But the foot one lingered, even after using Bactroban (a prescription anti-bacterial ointment.) While searching the internet for info on my kid's eyes, I came across a picture that looked identical to the thing on his foot. The picture was of a Cryptococcus lesion, which is a type of yeast. So before his nap yesterday I applied some Lotrimin, an anti-fungal cream, to his foot. The boil had vanished by the time he woke up. I also posted a question to the NAET group on Facebook, and received a response from a man that had goopy problems with his eyes after a yeast treatment. Turned out that his liver was stressed from processing all the yeast toxins. Once he was treated for his liver, he was fine. Good to know, but I still feel like we're living in The Twilight Zone.

Here's a pic of the eye lids today, it's worse in person but you get the idea:

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I've been following your post since I discovered your blog on NAET late last year.
    We tried NAET recently and I had to stop after my daughter's egg/mix treatment.
    She had a terrible reaction w/ swollen eyes and redden face. Had to use beneadryl. A little intimidated by NAET, but your blog and other testimonials from the NAET books encourages me to take her back someday. I've been reading how others do react to the treatments and sometimes to several of them. My pracitioner stated that she always asked permission before she did the treatment so she knew it was safe. Another note....I noticed you are doing Vitamin D. My little one reacted to Vitamin D a couple of weeks ago I believe to it being made from Lanolin. Something you might want to look out for or have the NAET prac. muscle test. I love reading your blog and I'm forwarding it onto others...one, an author who just wrote a book on a plausible connection
    vaccines and peanut allergy. http://www.peanutallergyepidemic.com
    And I will forward this onto other mommas in a group I'm a member of...many of us are going through the eczema battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the insight on Vitamin D, I'll look into that. I believe the one we use is derived from coconut oil. I'll check out that blog, thanks!

    ReplyDelete