Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Always Something

The Ped took a long hard look at my kid's eyes yesterday, they were an absolute gooey, crusty mess. He swabbed them, which required two of us to hold my son down (poor baby, it was not fun.) As it turns out, he now has a Strep-A infection in his eyes. I would think it's from all the scratching he was doing once NAET brought out the redness and what I presume to be yeast. So now we're treating the eyes with some antibacterial drops, something the kid views as absolute torture. Even bribing him with a trip to Target to pick out a toy doesn't work. The total downer is that he's now on Amoxicillian, after how hard I've tried to build up his gut with good bacteria. On top of that he still has some yeast under his neck and on his privates.

The Ped dropped a bombshell yesterday when he told me he was closing up his practice and relocating across town and only accepting cash, not insurance. I don't blame him wanting to be free from all the red tape so he can focus on curing kids like mine. This is the only doctor who has been able to remotely help my child. So we will be following him as this guy is worth his weight in gold, however I do like the convenience of having a Ped close by.

The NAET doc returns next week, so we will be making a trip to see what the heck is going on here. His nurse saw my son yesterday and said they've seen similar reactions, but not this bad. The Ped reminded me that my son has the worse eczema he's ever seen--gee, thanks. I should also note that I saw more of those white pimple-like things on my kid's hands this morning, they look identical to the one on his foot that was cured by the antifungal cream. Something is trying to get out of his little body, I just wish someone could help us and figure this all out.

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear what the Naet doc says. He probably just needs more treatments right away. Poor little guy. He is so cute though, even with the crusty eyes. :)

    I saw the link to the testimonials from a Toledo chiro's office. Are you in Toledo? I am in Monroe, MI, so was just curious. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather--We're in Michigan, as well! The Plymouth/Canton area. Thanks for seeing his cuteness through all this =) How's your Naet treatments going?

    ReplyDelete