Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On to Yeast

Given the hard time we had last week with Grains, the doc wanted to re-test my kid asap after the 25-hour window of the second go-round. So we headed back to on Monday, and whoo-hoo he passed grains this time. So it was onto yeast which I suspected was going to give him lots of trouble. In our days with the Naturopathic doctor, she had always claimed he had an issue with fungus. Our Ped had thought yeast in the gut was an issue and had my son on an anti-fungal medication for a couple of months. You should have seen the stuff coming out of his skin while on that, it was a horrible experience. With NAET yesterday, it ended up taking 4 attempts to get him to clear yeast to start the 25-hour period. In addition, 2 support vials were added (brain 3 & brain 6.) He is to avoid all sugar, fruit, and yeast (breads/baked goods) for 25-hours. So I packed him a lunch of pulled pork, green beans, white rice, and then carrots & celery to snack on. I threw in some potato chips to balance it out a bit ;) My kid eats healthy, but I know it's hard for him when surrounded by little ones at pre-school eating pizza rolls, goldfish crackers, and cookies. I sure hope all this hard work and sacrifice pays off, it has to.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow! I really hope it does pay off. To watch your child go through all of this would be awful, it's bad enough going through it myself, but I would hate to see lots of eczema and so forth on my little ones. I will pray for him about the yeast.

    I treated minerals yesterday. 25 hours is over now. I don't go back til' next Monday. Still no difference at all in my skin though. I'm still hopeful, just really wanting at least some of my skin to start to clear. I love checking your blog. It's really encouraging. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow minerals, that one's tough!! I do hope you start to see some results soon. You're still early on from what I've gathered, and each treatment is suppose to tone down the over-reactive immune system. In general I think my son is less reactive, but we still haven't introduced him to too many things. I really want to try feeding him an egg, maybe one day soon. I think that will be a good tell-tale moment. Best of luck to you, keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete