Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More Sensitivities

We've gotten use to the beautiful baby skin around here, but unfortunately eczema has flared it's ugly head twice again.  The first time was after eating broccoli.  I know better, which is so frustrating!  Broccoli is my son's favorite food, and he has tested negative to it (RAST test.) But there must be something during the digestive breakdown that causes him to flare.  I mentioned before, but I was told broccoli turns into sulfur in the liver and causes a detox.  I have seen this with my own eyes.  All three times his sideburn area on his face and knees flare within 24 hours after eating it (not immediately like with the sunscreen.)

Then we had another chemical sensitivity.  This time it was to the smell of caulk from re-doing the bath tub.  Again, right before our eyes eczema and hives appeared all over his face, arms, and knees.  After conversing with two other moms whose children are on anti-fungal treatment, they both say their kids experienced heightened sensitivities to odd allergens during treatment.  The good news is it should get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment