Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baby Skin!

I can hardly believe it, baby skin has emerged from head to toe! My son's once gritty sandpaper-like skin is gone, and there is not one scratch or scab on him at this time. He has soft, silky baby skin. The kind I'm always so envious to see on other children. I'd say it's a miracle, which it is, but it's also due to a lot of hard work by both him and me. It's a combination of the antifungal treatment, supplements, avoiding food triggers, and diligent skin care regiment. But even though the skin is looking great, the itch is still present, although less persistent from what I can tell. He's mostly itchy now when it's time to sleep, and the itch is primarily on his forehead, scalp, and ankles. I wonder if he just notices it more when he's still with nothing else to focus on? I am hopeful that the itch will soon vanish. I know I mentioned it before, but another mom told me that her son's skin cleared after 6 weeks on the yeast treatment and the itch was the last to go at 8 weeks (we're at 7 weeks.) There's still lots of hope for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment