Sunday, November 1, 2009

Eczema Appearing Right Before My Eyes

My son has been looking awesome for about the last week. In addition he's back to sleeping though the night, and believe me it is most welcomed (it's only been 3 1/2 months!) His skin looks so clear that people can hardly believe it's the same kid. Well it was clear until last night (Halloween) when I let him have 2 Hershey Kisses. I knew better, but I feel so bad that he can't enjoy being a kid sometimes so I caved. Immediately right before my eyes his forehead and eyes became itchy, inflamed, and flakey. My guess is that it's the milk in the kisses, which is why I always get him dark chocolate on the rare occasion I allow him to have a treat. Lesson learned.

And then there was a second incident this afternoon while dining out at a coney island. As we were waiting to be served my son started itching uncontrollably, his face once again flared, and he was turning red & splotchy. He was demanding to get outside for some cold air. Once outside, it was like magic--back to normal. Our guess is it was cigarette smoke. It wasn't real smokey in there, but after we sat down we noticed it. Just amazing to watch this happen right before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment