Friday, March 19, 2010

Half way through the basics . . .

Good news, my son cleared for iron after the second treatment. I had a feeling that Iron would clear this time as my son looked fabulous during the 25 hour period following the second treatment. He did however breakout in hives at swim class during the week, so there's definitely an issue there that needs to be addressed.

Today we got to work on Vitamin A, the 8th substance to be treated for out of the basic 15. This one is already off to a rough start with his hands and wrists breaking out in eczema right after treatment, and then he broke out in some pretty bad hives after eating his bland dinner of steak that I marinated in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt & sugar since those were on the list of things he could eat today. It was such a insignificant amount of salt and sugar that it's hard to pinpoint the outbreak on them, and I really doubt it was the meat as I even went as far to get a nice cut of vegetarian fed at Whole Foods. Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the crazy world of food allergies, but fortunately there is Benedryl.

On another note, my husband had his first NAET treatment with another practitioner as he has decided to try it for himself. It's interesting to compare notes between the two. Curious for those who have gone through NAET, was your practitioner listed on the NAET website? One of our is, the other isn't. Also, were you allowed to stay in the room with your child (I suppose if you were a surrogate you'd have to.) I do stay in the room with my son even though I'm not a surrogate, but I know in the reading it says another person shouldn't be there during treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment