Monday, December 21, 2009

2nd NAET Treatment

My son had his second NAET treatment on Friday. This one was treating him for egg and certain protein sensitivities. Basically he put the vial of diluted proteins in his sock so it's in contact with the skin. The the D.O. took a massaging tool to my son's back to stimulate the nervous system. Then we wait for 20 minutes before acupressure is applied to 10 sites and the vial can be removed. We are to steer clear of a variety of items and foods associated with eggs for 25 hours, while periodically rubbing the acupressure sites. The craziest part (if that doesn't sound crazy enough!) is that the D.O. said that after our next appointment we can feed our son egg. The thought terrifies me, as this is a kid that hasn't had egg in any product for at least 18 months. He's IgE positive (level 3) to both whites and yolks, and has had 3 anaphylaxis reactions in his life (not to egg, but to blueberries, peanut, and sunbutter.) But even knowing all this, the doctor was confident that the treatment would successfully desensitize our son. I think I'll wait until after the holidays just to be safe. Our 3rd visit is this Wednesday. Maybe it's just coincidence, but since this treatment my son's constant eczema and hives on his stomach have vanished. I haven't done anything different, but they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment