Friday, January 25, 2013

Preparing for Peanuts

We are making preparations to start NAET treatment for peanuts.  Dr. Devi, the developer of NAET, recommends that blood work be taken prior to starting the peanut protocol for comparison purposes.  Our allergist was able to provide me with a uKnow Peanut test kit that I previously discussed.  We just have to go in for the blood work and provide the resutls.  This particular blood test is new to the US, and I don't believe it's covered by insurance at this time.  I expect it will cost me $300.  I could have opted for a standard RAST test, but since this test is more inclusive and able to identify specific peanut protein allergies, we decided to proceed with this one. 

Overall my son is continuing to do well.  He's eating quite a bit of wheat these days, and seems no worse for the wear.  He did have a flavored Aquafina water the other night before I could check the ingredients, and he was BOUNCING off the walls.  Have you ever looked at what's in that stuff?  It looks so unassuming, yet it's filled with artificial sweeter and other unnecessary stuff.  He sure did enjoy it though...

Aquafina Citrus Blend FlavorSplash Ingredients:


Filtered Water, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzonate, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose (splenda) Calcium Disodium EDTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment