Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fruit Loops and Happy Meals

Another day traveling, and another food advernture.  This time it was Fruit Loops (with cow milk) for breakfast and a McDonald's chicken nugget happy meal for lunch.  I think my son was in heaven.  I once read that only 4% of the U.S. population does not visit McDonald's in a year.  We defintiely fall into that small group of people, so for my son this was a real rariety that he thoroughly enjoyed.  Funny thing is that I recall my parents taking me there atleast weekly and when I was 6  years old I was putting away a Big Mac no problem, my kid probably hasn't ever heard of a Big Mac. 

I'm seeing a pattern here...the more foods he can tolerate, the worse his diet is becoming. He actually does eat healthy most of the time, but it's nice that he can induldge from time-to-time.  This is what we've worked for!

Edited:  As suspected, I asked my son if he knows what a Big Mac is.  He had no clue, so we had to Google it.  He was shocked to learn that it was a sandwich with an extra piece of bread layered in it.  He quickly stated that he does not want one, but dad probably would!

No comments:

Post a Comment