Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Medical Update

My son had a check up with his allergist today to get our ducks in a row before school starts.  We always have to fill out a scorecard on the asthma symptoms, and today he scored 100% perfect. The doctor wants us to back off of the Flovent, down to one puff in the am and one in the pm.  I know we tried backing off a year ago, but I can't recall at what amount and frequency.  I'm still not convinced that this is the best time of year to try this seeing how school is starting up and heading into the prime virus season.  He also did a breathing test, which was a first for him.  The results were normal.   The doctor did comment that my kid needs to gain some weight and started trying to help me come up with food ideas.  Believe me doc, our world revolves around food and my kid has been eating like a champ.  He can put away a pizza like no tomorrow, but for the most part he eats healthy--lots of veggies, fruit, meat--and never things like soda, Cheetos, or Twinkies.  Bottom line is that we're not big people (my husband graduated highschool at 130 pounds!)  Other than that, we had a couple of medication forms filled out (the ones we keep in his emergency pack), and we were good to go.

We left the allergist's office and headed to the NAET office.  For the last few weeks we've been working on a combination of various hormones and enzymes.  It's been nice since there is nothing to avoid during the treatement timeframe.  We still have yet to get to nuts, but hopefully soon . . .

1 comment:

  1. When kids eat healthy they will weigh less then the "normal" because the majority that makes up those "normal" numbers eat junk food which not only makes bodies retain water but also is proven to cause weight gain.

    ReplyDelete