Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peanut Allergy

The first article I read today was on the little 7-year old girl who passed away last week after a friend gave her a peanut to eat on the school playground.  Her body went into cardiac arrest after ingesting the nut.  My heart breaks for her and her family.  I literally have a pit in my stomach.  I read that just after sending my son to school today and instantly wanted to go get him and bring him back home to keep him safe.  It is so very scary.  I know he knows, but what if someone offered him a peanut M&M or some other enciting looking peanut-laced candy?  These thoughts are terrifying to me.  I'm going to talk to his NAET doc tomorrow about proceeding on to nuts.  From what I've read, some NAET practitioners do not treat nuts but mine does and has had a lot of success with anaphylactic kids and nuts.  The thought still scares me, but if it could be safe for him to be around them that would be so comforting--like our egg experience with the accidental ingestion and everything turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment