Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Been On a Break

Haven't posted in a couple of weeks, as we took a much needed break from everyday life and jetted off to Disney World.  It's SO incredibly nice not to have to be anywhere or on any type of schedule.  I get so tired of twice weekly doctor appointments for NAET, but I see the benefit so we persevere. 

And boy did we reap the benefits while on vacation! We ate our every single day without issue.  The second we hit Disney World I bought my son one of those colorful swirly suckers.  I had tears in my eyes as I paid for it, and the look on his face when he realized it was for him was priceless.  We're still careful when it comes to food, but he did try some orange/vanilla twist ice cream and he couldn't believe what he's been missing.  He also ate lots of pizza, a different variety of Annie's cereal without issue, and a hotel waffle made in a Mickey Mouse waffle maker with fake syrup! (Seriously, does anyone really realize what they're putting into their bodies these days?!  I only buy the 100% pure maple at home, and the extra cost is worth it to me.)

We're now working on the various components of the DTaP.  His first treatment back was for tetnus.  I'm hoping he can treat for the P (pertussis) this week as there's been a case of whooping cough at his school.  It was the DTaP that he experienced anaphylatic shock to when he was 2 years old, so we may need to take this one slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment