Friday, August 12, 2011

Wheat Again

We've gone back to revisit wheat.  It's clear that the kid can handle wheat in small amounts, but has difficulty with his skin after eating more than a cookie or something small.  Over the last couple of weeks we've done an additional 5 treatments for wheat with various combinations:  wheat w/yeast, wheat w/ DNA, wheat w/RNA, wheat w/DNA,RNA, Base, and wheat w/trypsin (a digestive enzyme.)  Don't get me wrong, I am frustrated at the lack of quick results and having to re-treat wheat so many times.  But I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet as I keep reminding myself of all the foods we've gotten back because of NAET:  tomato, yogurt, oats, chickpeas, soy, citrus, pork and I'm sure there's more that escape my mind right now.

We also had a good visit with the allergist.  I'm happy to report that it's been one year since any asthma issues!!!  I think NAET and vitamin D have a lot to do with that.   The doctor is taking my son off his daily asthma meds (flovent) for a 2 week trial to see how he does before school starts.  Speaking of which, I will have a kindergartner is about 2 weeks!  My main purpose for the allergist visit was to get help with a medical plan before starting school.  The nut allergy still has me worried and I want the doctor's input as to how to address it.  Next week we're going in for a skin prick test and then we'll be able to come up with a plan from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment