Friday, June 18, 2010

Pool Water

Pool water has always been an issue for my kid.  He can barely stand to be in a chlorine pool as his brow breaks out in hives and he starts itching like crazy.  Bromine pools seem gentler on his skin, but if he swallows too much pool water he'll develop asthma.  I wish they were all saltwater pools, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Instead of completing the Basic 15, we decided to go for the pool water.  I brought some of the bromine water back from our vacation, and he was treated to that earlier this week.  Then we proceeded with treating him for the chlorine pool water today.  Immediately after the treatment (before we even paid) he was complaining of his stomach hurting and not feeling well.  From past experience, I'm taking that to be a good sign that the treatment is working.  I'm anxiously awaiting to see what happens at swim lessons next week.  I'll keep you posted!

The plan from here is to go back and treat for hormones.  I brought up with the doctor today that it seems with every treatment he shows that his kidneys are weak and asked if it made sense to treat for that after the basic 15, and if so I'd be interested in having him treated for liver as well since I think his could use some help.  She said that after the basic 15 she always does the organ treatment which should help with these issues.  So that's our course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment