Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bleach Baths & Wet Wraps

When my son was at the height of his eczema flares we frequently would use wet wraps to bring the skin under control.  They worked quite well, even if it was a temporary fix.  It sad though to put a baby to bed in wet pajamas, and even sadder once he could tell me that "mommy these are cold."  But none the less, it was a way to bring some much needed relief to his skin.

The other thing that worked when his skin was infected was adding a very small amount of bleach to his bath, this would kill the staph infection on his skin.  I hated doing this, but in reality it's like weak pool water.  I eventually resorted to adding peroxide to his bath instead as his sensitivity to chlorine became apparent. After these baths it's so important to moisturize the skin with a good, non-irritating cream like CeraVe.

I mention all of this because I just read a good article validating all of the above, check it out:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/simple-treatments-help-boys-severe-eczema/1102859

No comments:

Post a Comment