Friday, November 8, 2013

Bone Marrow Transplant Cures Peanut Allergy

Well apparently that's one way to cure peanut allergy, although under extreme circumstances and not very practical for most.  I wouldn't for the life of me want to experience a child impacted by cancer, but fortunately for this family there's a happy ending:  https://www.sciencenews.org/article/marrow-transplant-child-leukemia-cures-allergy

The article explains that when a transplant is conducted the recipient will take on the immune system of the donor, which has the potential to cure allergies.  Researchers are just broaching this subject, so there's still a lot to learn, but may be this can offer some hope down the road.

3 comments:

  1. which indicates 'genetic modification during the early stages of immune cell development in bone marrow may play a large role in causing allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've read your blog almost beginning to end and I'm very encouraged by your son's success. My son has a very severe allergy to chickpea and sunflower seeds, and a relatively severe allergy to dairy, gluten and egg. I believe he is also sensitive to corn.

    After removing the offending foods his eczema has cleared up and he only has asthma when he gets a cold. I'm curious how your son's asthma is doing? I am also wondering if you know anything about John Crandall in NYC? I had one treatment with him (I have food allergies as well) the first treatment: brain body balance, and I felt great for 24 hours and then like crap for a week and a half afterward, I haven't been back, but I probably will. At $75 a session it's a really big commitment. Anyway, just curious how things are going and glad you're still posting. My son has only had pizza once, that I know of, and it was an accident. He's never had ice cream, never had cake, never had a muffin. I feel so bad for how restricted his diet is and I'm so encouraged by your experience! keep us updated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Audrey--Thanks for stopping by! The good news is that you've identified the culprits and can at least manage the eczema and inflammation mostly by avoidance. I am thankful that NAET has been able to open the doors for my son to get past most of his allergies and live "normal." Not that we'll ever be really "normal" given what we've learned along the way.

    No, I'm not familiar with John Crandall. Your experience sounds typical, as both my husband and myself have had similar experiences with NAET, but then eventually felt like the ailment was corrected. NAET seems to be less strenuous on children as they take less time to clear most of their allergies/sensitivities. I also found it easier to do the NAET treatments while my son was little and I can control everything he eats. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete