Friday, February 21, 2014

Baby's First NAET Visit

Not Allergic?  Can that be possible?  I took the baby for her first NAET consultation and she was tested against all of the basics (about 16), plus a slew of other items including seafood, nuts, and the Baby's Only formula.  Amazingly she held strong to everything and no treatments were recommended at this time.  HUH?  I'll take it.  I decided to bring her in as she had some baby acne and a little cradle cap going on, which is pretty standard stuff at this age.  But I wanted to make sure I wasn't in denial that there were some deeper underlying issues given our past experience. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome at this time.

So far she has been a textbook baby.  At 9 weeks she's very content, calm, happy, and alert.  She has a routine already, where she takes a 90 minute nap in the morning and a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, followed by a shorter nap later in the day, then bed time by 9pm  She wakes at 5:45am for a snack, and then sleeps for another 2 hours.  If she would have been my first I probably would have had 3 or 4 babies. She's absolutely amazing.

Next week we have her 2-month appointment (a bit late due to scheduling conflicts.) Then the following week she's having her hip ultrasound as we want to rule out hip dysplasia as it runs in the family (so far there really is no concern, just family history.)

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious on an update to your son's peanut allergy. Did NAET work for him? We are currently going through the first 15 visits with my daughter and she has a severe nut allergy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it became apparent that he was having some issues with food additives in bread we started working on those, so it's been a few months since we have worked on peanuts. We'll get back to those probably at our next visit. Our NAET doctor has warned us that it could be a large number of peanut treatments due to the severity of his allergy. And I still don't plan on having him eat a peanut, but just hope that if there was an accidental contact that he would be ok. Good luck to you and your little one.

      Delete
  2. Very nice to hear about the lil one.
    I have a question on the medications you use. Do you use these for you son ?Astaxanthin, 4mg
    Cera'Ve Cream (2 times/week).
    Also, I remember seeing that you used something for the constipation ? was it magnesium supplement? Can you please let me know. My son with allergies has constipation issues from long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my son still takes the astaxanthin. We've been using the Trader Joe's cream lately instead of the Cera'Ve. The magnesium is called Calm. It's a powder drink mix. Epson salts in the bath might also help as the magnesium gets absorbed through the skin.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for your response.

    ReplyDelete