Monday, August 12, 2013

Essential Oils for Eczema

Shortly after we entered the world of eczema we discovered the benefits of coconut oil for both inside and outside the body.  I found this recipe for making a homemade "miracle cream" for diaper rash and eczema taken from http://www.modern-wellness.com/the-miracle-cream-eczema-diaper-rash-dry-skin/:
  • 1/2 C. Coconut Oil
  • 15 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
  • 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
  • 15 drops Frankincense Essential Oil

  • I'll be the first to admit, I'm not really well versed in oils at all.  The most I've used is eucalyptus oil in the laundry to fend off dust mites and some lemon oil mixed with vinegar when cleaning.  I have done some reading up on the subject though and it's clear that there are different standards and processes when it comes to oils and the price can vary greatly.

    Native American Nutritionals seems to have a good reputation, and they provided me with some additional resources and eczema remedies in the following link:

    http://essentialhealth.com/2013/02/aromatherapy-skin-care-chronic-skin-conditions/

    Let me know if you try any and how they worked!

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks For Sharing post and Good information for!!

      Eczema Treatment.

      ReplyDelete